Franklin, KY Downtown Historic District
Park the car and walk around the gracious courthouse square, admiring the many fine examples of 19th century architecture. Step inside the church where Johnny Cash wed June Carter in 1968.
Walking Downtown Franklin, KY
The current courthouse was designed and built in 1882 following a fire thought to have been started because of illegal land transactions as the fire started in the office that contained all records of land transactions.
The Brickyard Cafe is housed in what was once a carriage manufacturing and repair shop. In the main dining room, an old horse-drawn buggy is suspended on the original manually-operated lift platform. The lift transported buggies and carriages for repair in the second and third floor workshops.
The Franklin Presbyterian Church located on the corner of College Street and Depot Street -now Kentucky Street was dedicated as a Cumberland Presbyterian Church in 1886.
Several other buildings around the square were built prior to 1900.
The information contained on or available through this website is general in nature. Armour’s Hotel & Spa makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on, or available through, this website, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this website with other sources.
Leave A Comment